One of the fastest growing content marketing trends of 2016 was undoubtedly video marketing. It’ll grow further in 2017, Cisco estimates it’ll account for 69% of all online consumer traffic in 2017.
We’ve seen that level of demand for ourselves, and encouraged it too so that our clients can showcase their brands in the clearest way possible. Video is persuasive: 73% of all consumers are more likely to purchase after watching videos explaining a product or service (Animoto). But it isn’t just about purchasing or sealing the deal. Over the past year video content has featured heavily in the plans of our clients to bring real people into national campaigns, attract talent to their organisation or simply showcase a capability in a more imaginative way.
Budgets vary but there is no doubt that video is becoming cheaper to produce, recognition of its importance is rising, competitors are commissioning more new content, and perhaps the fact that it is easier to make possible are all contributing to higher demand. Above all, is their a better way to get your message across apart from being face-to-face with your client or perspective new employee?
Here are some more reasons why video you should consider starting or strengthening your brand’s video content:
- 96% of all consumers find videos helpful when making purchase decisions online (Animoto)
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000 times faster than text in the brain. (Kissmetrics)
- 55% of people watch videos online every day. (Hubspot)
- 71% of all consumers say watching video content produced by businesses leaves them with a positive impression of the brand, service or company (Animoto, Forbes)
- The number of hours people spent watching videos on mobile is up 100 percent year-over-year. (Hootsuite)
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Google, 2016) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
In 2016 we produced a number of videos for a range of clients – based on commissions and discussions, we’ll be even busier this year. Please take a look at some of the finished pieces below:
Got a video idea or want to find out possibilities? Feel free to get in touch, we’ll come up with some great ideas, suggest a budget and give you some timescales for the action to start.